Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Divine Misdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton

Not only do I love writing UF, I LOVE reading it. The author responsible for getting me into this genre is Ms. L.K.H. I just finished her current Meredith Gentry book Divine Misdemeanors. I hope to give you guys a weekly review on a variety of Urban Fantasy books, and I can't think of a better author or book to begin with.

(Please note that these reviews are purely my personal opinion. I am not a pro. by any means, and the reviews are meant to be helpful to readers, not critiques on the authors.)

I haven't included any big spoilers, so you should be safe reading on if you haven't read the book yet.

DM gives us a look at life after happily ever after for Merry and her crew of lovers/bodyguards/baby daddies. It was a nice change of pace to see other Fey outside Merry's inner circle in danger for this round of magic and sex. The previous books were so focused on assassination attempts directed at the princess so the change up was a breath of fresh air.

It was a joy to see Meredith back in the role of investigator although politics (human and fey) tend to get in the way. The book moves fairly quickly with only a few sections getting bogged down by to much detail on the surroundings and sexual encounters.

I felt like the ending was a little abrupt, but it still managed to satisfy me. Enough so I'll be looking forward to the next installment in the Meredith Gentry Series. It is due out in 2010 along with TWO Anita Blake books.

What did you guys think of this book or any others from Luarell K. Hamilton? I'd love to hear your opinions pro or con.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of this author's stuff... but i think that i will now!

    nice review... thanks

    ReplyDelete